Concerned about Affordable Housing on Island?
Here’s your chance to make a difference on this very important issue. Tonight: Monday, July 11, from 7 to 8:30 pm, there will be a meeting on Affordable Housing. Morgan Brown is the committee chair. Join in if you can….
Meeting ID: 875 5882 8813
The Proposed agenda is a bit of a follow on to our stimulating discussion last month with Jason Johnson, Vashon Household’s new executive director, who will again be in attendance.
1. AH Cmte (i.e. Community Council) strategic cooperation/coordination with Vashon HouseHold (and potentially other organizations, such as VMI Land Trust)
2. AH Cmte Future Focus (related to strategic cooperation in 1.)
A discussion on where best to focus the AH Cmte’s efforts and still provide important services…
· Leadership on Island housing issues
· Identification of problems and potential solutions (and their challenges)
· Raising awareness among Islanders
· Forum for discussing housing issues/projects both as they arise and that are actively identified
· Vehicle (Community Council) for advising & lobbying County on Island housing issues