Community Council membership meetings are held the 3rd Monday of the month, from 7-9 pm. The board meetings are held the 1st Monday of the month, at 7:30 pm
If you wish to attend a community meeting, the info is on this page. If you wish to sit in on a board meeting, send an e-mail to email@example.com to get the link.
Our June membership meeting is coming up on Monday, June 20, at 7:00 pm on Zoom. Please scroll down for the Zoom link, and phone number for calling into the meeting.
Vashon-Maury Island Land Trust – the Executive Director, Kate Riley, will provide an update on the Land Trust, and answer your questions.
If you have an issue you would like covered, or would like to speak at the June or future meetings, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in the process of motions and amendments, and keeping meetings flowing smoothly, please see the Democratic Rules of Order, which is what we use to guide our meetings: https://www.democraticrules.com/
To see past meeting minutes and presentations given at the meetings, go here: http://vmicc.net/meeting-minutes/
Agendas for 6/20/22 VMICC and Vashon-Maury Community Council Meetings
Last update: June 10, 2022
Times are approximate.
- 6:45- 7:00. Informal welcome to the meeting as people join the call
- 7:00 Brief Technical Overview for Zoom: Nick Simmons: Stay muted unless speaking, sign on with phone OR computer, not both. Democratic Rules of Order link will be posted. How to raise and lower hands to speak to a motion or participate in open discussion.
For people calling in, they will need to unmute themselves with *6 and let us know they wish to speak. https://www.democraticrules.com/
- 7:01 Formal Welcome (call to order)
- 7:01 Review and approve agenda
- 7:02 Approve minutes of the last meeting
- 7:03 Introduction of Guests (anyone from KC or off island)
- 7:03 Old Business: none
- 7:03 Committee and Board Updates:
Affordable Housing Committee – Morgan Brown
Equity Committee – Kevin Jones
Board update: We are now part of the Coalition for Unincorporated Community Councils
- 7:30 New Business: Strawberry Festival Discussion, update from Chamber President Cheryl Lubbert, and request for volunteers.
- 7:45 Community Discussion on Racially Motivated Burglary and Vandalism
- 7:55 – Community Update: Nancy O’Connor, President of Vashon Zero Waste, will give an update on the proposed compost facility and First Sunday recycling
- 8:10 – Community Update: Kate Riley, Executive Director of the Vashon-Maury Land Trust, will give an update
- 8:30 – Open Discussion
- 8:40 – Next Meeting Date: Monday, July 4, 2022
- 8:40 – Adjourn meeting of VMICC
UPDATE MEETING OF INTERIM VASHON-MAURY COMMUNITY COUNCIL
- 8:40 Formal Welcome
- 8:40 Old Business: Update on status with Secretary of State
- 8:40 New Business: none
- 8:40 Open Discussion, Questions?
- 8:45 Next Meeting Date: Monday, July 4, 2022
- 8:45 Adjourn
Zoom Meeting Link:
Meeting ID: 865 0232 5153
One tap mobile
+12532158782,,86502325153#,,,,*620065# US (Tacoma)
+16699006833,,86502325153#,,,,*620065# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 929 205 6099 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
Meeting ID: 865 0232 5153
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kchJjqytQM
See you there!